When 20-something-year-old Tanya begins to realize she’s asexual, the highly charged sexualized world she lives in as an actress and partner begins to fall apart and feels more and more like an unbearable nightmare.
As Tanya wakes up to the realization that she does not experience sexual attraction the way the majority of the world does, sexualization is thrown at her in everything she does. She is forced to understand that something is different inside of her. As an actor in an industry that perpetuates womxn’s worth based on sex appeal and an immediate circle of friends who are “woke” to femxle sexual empowerment, her sanity begins to slip away.
News & Reviews
- “2 WEEKS Uses Genre to Explore Asexuality”Screen Anarchyhttps://screenanarchy.com/2018/03/crowdfund-this-2-weeks-uses-genre-to-explore-asexuality.html
- “Asexual Filmmaker Tells Her Story”Asexuality New Zealand Trusthttps://asexualitytrust.org.nz/2018/04/03/asexual-filmaker-tells-her-story/
- “Interview With Writer Margarita Zhitnikova and Director Victoria Negri”We Are Moving Storieshttp://www.wearemovingstories.com/we-are-moving-stories-films/2019/1/17/2-weeks?rq=2%20weeks
- “Empowering Asexuals & Women In Film”PinkAmongMen Podcasthttps://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/empowering-asexuals-and-women-in-film-with-marzy-hart/id1334539739?i=1000413013912
- “Actress Marzy Hart (now Margarita Zhitnikova)”Cary Allen Picture Show Podcasthttps://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-the-cary-allen-picture-sho-30946734/ep